Planning a funeral is never easy! That's why so many families choose Earth's Option Cremation and Burial Services. They know that our affordable funeral, burial and cremation services honor people of all traditions and cultures. And, they know our funeral arrangements may be made in the comfort of their own home.
Earth's Option is based on the belief that our customers' needs are most important. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from referrals and repeat customers. Learn more about green burial... view CTV news story by Lynda Steele.
What makes us different?
We supply all the same services and merchandise as traditional funeral homes including register the death with Vital Statistics, supplying Provincial Death Certificates, publishing obituaries etc. however we do some things a bit different such as:
- We Come To You – And, as guests in your home, you are in control. We bring your options to you in the comfort and ease of your surroundings where you and your family can make decisions as opposed to being in a funeral facility where you may be overwhelmed and at risk of emotionally overspending.
- We're Not Corporate Owned – We are a local private family business with 3 generations of funeral service providers. What does this mean to you? We are experts in our field and pass along to you our experience and knowledge to help you get through a difficult time.
- We Specialize in Green Burial – We encourage and actively promote Green Burial for those who would like burial but cannot justify the expense or the environmental impact that is associated with traditional burial or embalming. We assist in arranging for Green Burial at Victoria’s only Green Burial Park, Royal Oak Burial Park. See our statement of Green Practices and Principles.
- Green Caskets, Shrouds and Urns - In our effort to promote the use of ecologically friendly products, we offer a complete range of Green Caskets, Shrouds and Biodegradable urns, in additional to all traditional products found at other funeral providers in the area.
- Grave Monuments and Markers - We offer a complete line of cemetery grave monuments and markers as authorized agents for Stewart Monumental in Victoria. To learn more go to our helpful resources page.
- Our Overhead Is Low – We do not have large investments in property, facilities or funeral cars, which means we can keep our costs down and prices low. We utilize basic transfer vehicles, community halls and churches for funeral services and celebrations of life.
- We Do Not Have Commissioned Sales People – Our staff are salary based and do not “sell” product or services on commission. There is no pressure to spend on goods or services you may not want or need, regardless of your choice of basic burial, low cost cremation, traditional funeral, memorial service or celebration of life.
- We Accept All Prearrangements – Regardless where you may have prepaid for funeral arrangements we will honor your arrangements and collect directly from the financial institution or insurance company holding these funds in trust. You are not obligated to use the provider you arranged through originally. We will handle the paperwork necessary to transfer your plans to our care.
- We Honour Memorial Society Memberships - We will serve all members of any memorial society or funeral co-op honouring the prices currently in effect for those members.
- We Offer Sea Scattering of Cremated Remains - Part of Island living is having an appreciation of the sea. It is often the wish of the deceased that their remains be scattered in the ocean.
Owner Chris Benesch is the second of three generations of his family in funeral service. He trained under his father’s license in Barrhead, Alberta in 1988 and has been a licensed funeral director and embalmer for over 25 years. Chris is currently a member of the British Institute of Embalmers and has held various leadership positions with Provincial regulatory bodies and Funeral Associations in both Alberta and British Columbia. Chris currently sits on the Cemetery, Interment and Funeral Services Advisory Board with BC’s Consumer Protection Authority.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver the best funeral in the community.